The Forum is seeking submissions in the following categories, and topics outside this scope are also acceptable:
- Increasing diversion volume
- Improving quality of recycling stream
- Sorting and processing methods and technologies
- Changing behavior, including consumers and/or large generators
- Market development for:
- Ferrous metals
- Non-ferrous metals
- Reducing capital costs for commercial recycling systems and equipment
- Developing better data collection for recycling initiatives
- Optimizing recycling system efficiency
- Improving e-scrap collection and/or processing
Creating processing solutions for hard-to-recycle materials
Application Process & Timeline
- Read through the full contest details by clicking HERE.
- Fill out the form below.
- You will receive a response within two business days with instructions on how to submit a short proposal.
- The deadline to submit proposals has been extended until June 15, 2015.
- All contestants will be notified by July 15, 2015.
- Finalists will be required to submit longer and more detailed proposals. Up to ten finalists will be selected.
- On September 28, judges will select one winner to receive a $20,000 prize to help move their innovation forward.
Responses from consultants, entrepreneurs, inventors, non-profit organizations, research institutions, large and small companies, venture capitalists and the like are all welcome. A member of the organization must be available to attend and present at the Recycling Innovators Forum in Indianapolis on September 28, 2015 and must be available throughout the judging process to be considered. Previous Forum winners are not eligible to participate in the 2015 Recycling Innovators Forum.